Polish Concrete Benefits
- High Durability: Polished concrete flooring is extremely strong and resilient, and is able to withstand the pressure from very heavy foot traffic and equipment.
- Long Life-Span: A properly installed, sealed and maintained polished concrete floor can be expected to stand the test of time in even the harshest commercial environments. Its life-span will also far surpass that of other floor coverings, such as carpeting, vinyl tile and wood laminates. That means in the long run you can save money because you'll never need to remove and replace worn or damaged flooring.
- Easy to Maintain: Polished concrete flooring is relatively easy to maintain. You just have to dust mop or broom sweep daily to prevent dirt accumulation. You should also damp mop it weekly to remove smudging, scuffs, and water marks, and restore gloss.
- Cost-Effective: Depending on the level of complexity, polished concrete floors can cost as little as $5 a square foot or as much as $15 a square foot. Most installations are quite cost-effective, especially if you have an existing concrete slab that’s all ready for polishing. The price savings doesn’t always come at installation, but over its lifetime because the only reason you’ll have to replace it is if you get sick of the look, especially if you factor in maintenance costs.
- Many Design Options: Today, polished concrete flooring can be stained which offers a stunning array of options for coloring. You can also add decorative engraving and stenciled graphics into the surface.
- Slip-Resistant Any concrete surface can be slippery especially in moist environments or areas prone to spills, but, you can also add densifiers and sealers to help prevent falls and injuries.
- Chemical-Resistant A non-sealed floor is porous, although, polished concrete floors can be sealed with a chemical-resistant epoxy coating to protect them against extreme chemicals (alkalis and acids) and corrosion.
- No VOC: Polished concrete floors do not contain harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) like hardwood floors, vinyl carpets and synthetic carpets.
- High Light Reflectivity: Important for office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. Also saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements.